Monday, March 06, 2006

Rejuvenated.

I think the endless supply of Pucuk Paku(s) and Pucuk Ubi(s) kinda raised several notches above my usual happy mood. And the ayam goreng*thumbs up*...THE WHOLE FOOD SCENE THERE is the WORKS lah dey! Well, I was in Padang (the PADANG where the nasi PADANG comes from) and Bukit Tinggi. Indonesia. We were practically hopping from one restaurant/foodstall to another, and guess what... just EATING NASI PADANG!! I kept myself busy attacking the pucuks (yes, I have this odd penchant for eating leaves. Even my nenek was amazed!) and belot - eel (welcome, extreme gourmet). I nearly tried this cow penis stuffed with tahu thingy, but I decided to play it safe. Stick to the pucuks, ppl and you'll never go wrong. I think I'm writing too much on them pucuks aye.. mcm kambing siak but I have to admit ah the food is one of the main highlights of this trip.

*slips into makcik2 mode*
For those of you looking for really nice fabrics for impending nikah/tunang.
This is THE PLACE lah. The laces, songket embroideries are GORGEOUS OK.
I even thought their embroidered telekong is baju pengantin ok, it's too pretty.
And guess what, I bought a GRAND TOTAL of ONE KAIN SONGKET. ahakahka.
Trust me to do that.. I never really shop, I was merely carrying stuffs for my nenek and my mom, and reminding them of the baggage limit. I'm still left with quite a substantial amount of $$ by end of the trip.

And the revelation of TV scene in INDONESIA.
Waaah best ah. Penuh dgn cewek2 dan cowok2 yg ganteng dan ayu.
There's even one that looks like Fabregas *squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Its my first trip on a budget airline, pretty hassle free and a bit like a bus ride.
And it's only an hr journey so... pretty good, albeit the stewardesses on our journey back were very unhelpful, one elderly atok was struggling with his luggage and NO ONE COMES TO HELP. tsk tsk...

No comments: