Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Euro 2008 - The Group of Death

The first games from the group of death have been played.

And France was wayyyyyy atrocious. I felt France has more talented players than say having WILLY BLOODY SAGNOL as a right back but I rather keep our Bacary Sagna where he will be safe for next season. So many promises and yet, so disappointing. Domenech's team selection does not do justice to talents like Benzema and Nasri...What is that 'predator' like thing, that was seen on the pitch yesterday?

As for the later match, I watched bits of it. Boy, was I impressed. 3-0. I caught Netherlands match in their latest friendly prior to the Euro, was it against Ecuador? And I thought, quite a cohesive unit and pretty good but did not expect them to give the Italians a drubbing like that.

We are left with Grp D to play, but I kinda fancy Germany to win this year's Euro, having seen the matches so far. I have rendered most matches a borefest when my brother pointed out that it is the price to pay for being a goonerette. Having seen the kind string of passes Arsenal produced.

Anyway, Cesc is said to miss tomorrow morning's game. And I don't understand the logic of this, you gave that boy so much hope, gave him the ultimate playmaker number and then benched him? Ok good, just make sure he'll be fit for Arsenal. Everywhere else, ppl are on Xavi and Cesc are similar players, Xavi prolly a shade better cos he has more goalscoring tendencies.
I, however BLARDEY DISAGREE, no doubt Xavi can also provide that KILLER PASS, but Cesc could provide it wayyyyy earlier than Xavi, wayyyyy earlier before it got detected by the opposition. Isn't that why he was applaud for, his footballing VISION??.. bladey Aragones!

No comments: