Monday, June 30, 2008

Congratulations La Furia Roja!

I felt so happy for Cesc, I think my chest could burst!

I was VERY gutted when he got substituted, wouldn't you when you see that crestfallen look? I thought he was marked out of the match but he created space for his other midfielders to exploit. Even then he did made a few defence splitting passes...

So, I got really pissed cos I wanted to see more goals, that are Cesc's inspired ones. I believe he could have made that impact. Alas, that was not to happen.

I'm just glad Spain won. I wouldn't want another Cesc's crying episode and they truly deserved it this time, Spain has grown strength to strength. Kudos to their defence for working as a solid unit as the competition progresses. This has been one of the best euro cup finals.

As for Cesc, this has been his 2nd major cup tournament for his country and at 21 years of age. I believe there's more to go :)

Sometimes, we forgot how young he is, cos he seems to be playing for Arsenal since forever. And that matured displays doesn't help either. This morning as my entire family witnessed the Spain's celebration, as we watch Cesc prancing about like a human jumping bean. My mom remarked that he is still a boy despite all that jazz.

Lastly,
Happy 24th Birthday Hey Nostradamus!
And wow, what a celebration Spain has gotten for you as a present. I believe it's their way of repaying for sticking your neck out prior to the tournament predicting them as winners.
I've read what happened over there, I hope it clears out soon and the truth prevails.
Speak to you soon!

No comments: